The Hartley Procrastination CHALLENGE!

We know the story. It’s exam time, and you’ve been in Hartley for approximately seven hours. You’re bored in front of your laptop, surrounded by highlighted doodles of cats and […]

We know the story. It’s exam time, and you’ve been in Hartley for approximately seven hours. You’re bored in front of your laptop, surrounded by highlighted doodles of cats and rainbows, and drooling obliviously onto your textbook. But fear not, dear readers. Revision relief is at hand. The question is….just how daring are YOU?

1)      Play the Webcat game. Generate a selection of call numbers, allocate yourselves one at random, and run off to find said book. First one back wins. Loser buys you all a 7-item SUSU breakfast.

2)      Ask the librarian why it’s called WebCat. If they don’t know, politely ask if they mind researching it for the purposes of your dissertation.

3)      Make a book fortress under your desk, curl up underneath it with some paper truncheons and emit a high-pitched battle cry every time someone attempts to disturb you.

This is what you should be aiming for…

4)      Take bets on how many people you can fit in the level two disabled toilet cubicle. And then try it.

5)      Sit by the turnstiles. For every male who enters wearing some form of Hollister/Jack Wills trackies, reward yourself with a biscuit.

6)      See how many foreign students on Skype you can snap in two minutes.  TAB TOP TIP: The Level One round tables and sofas are a hotspot for this.

7)      If you’re an early bird and manage to arrive at opening time, see how many desks you can ‘reserve’ with pencils, chocolate wrappers and items of clothing before you get caught/thrown out/punched in the nose.

8)      Change your ringtone to the ‘scanning your library card’ noise of the self-issue machines. Play it on repeat to those around you, and chuckle heartily.

9)      Grab a few wheely chairs from the computer room and have races down the Level 4 corridor. TAB TOP TIP: Push two photocopiers together to act as the finish posts.

10)   See how many Tab articles you can read in twenty minutes (as in properly read, not just scan- we don’t associate with cheats). Then let us know how you get on.

Happy revising, everyone!