EURO 2012: Video blast from the past

With the Euro’s only two weeks away and Drunk Football Fan LADS anticipating having their expectations crushed with the inevitable quarter-final penalty shootout loss, The Tab has rounded up some of […]

With the Euro’s only two weeks away and Drunk Football Fan LADS anticipating having their expectations crushed with the inevitable quarter-final penalty shootout loss, The Tab has rounded up some of the best and most bizarre videos from previous international tournaments to whet your appetites.

When Gary was told to shit all over the opposition this isn’t what most had in mind.

Silver haired fox in the box Gary Lineker is well known as the face of Walkers crisps and Match of the Day, and it is just as well; a lesser player would have his career defined by a moment like the above. Having had a dodgy Spag Bol the night before Gary relaxes one muscle too many during the match with tragic consequences.

DaMarcus Beasley

Some people just have no shame and Mr Beasley falls into this category. Sitting on the bench at the 2002 World Cup DaMarcus goes for the classic lunge urination technique…in front of a live television audience in the hundreds of thousands and the 36,000 spectators in the Jeonju World Cup stadium…

Apparently Emile is too quick for the sex offenders list.

Sadly there will be a chronic lack of Emile Heskey at this years tournament, with managers finally realising that a record of 7 goals in 62 games isn’t really acceptable. However he has become something of a cult figure amongst fans, so to remind you what you’ll be missing here’s a bit of HESKEY TIME.

Express yourself, create the space, you know you can win, don’t give up the chase…..

This video gets in through quality and quality alone. You simply cannot argue with John Barnes rapping while Keith Allen gives it the biggun in the background. Perfect to listen to just before kick off to get the adrenaline flowing. Altogether now…..

Five one, and even Heskey scored…

And this needs no introduction. The performance of the decade, smashing the Germans in Munich 5-1, and one of the only times the so called ‘golden generation’ lived up to their name.