THE ROYAL WEDDING IS NOT TO BE SHOWN IN 3D…. The whole world breathes a sigh of relief!

News surrounding 2011’s most eagerly anticipated event of the year finally livens up.

Weeks have gone by where the likes of OK! and Hello! magazine have been scraping the barrel for some, ahem, more interesting news regarding the Royal Wedding. However, in recent days, it would that some fine, lesser known details of the wedding have been crawling out of the woodwork…

THE ROYAL WEDDING IS NOT TO BE SHOWN IN 3D

April 29th- A date for all your diaries, and a much welcomed Bank Holiday!

Sky had reportedly asked the Palace if coverage could be stretched to their new 3D channel, yet an insider cited that: “There are a number of reasons for this, most notably the additional camera footprint in the abbey, the relatively small (albeit growing) audience for 3D, and our desire to not be distracted away from negotiating and facilitating the optimal 2D, radio, photographic and online coverage of the day”. That, or to prevent Prince Harry’s still bloodshot eyes from the stag-do from coming within touching distance of viewers.

PETER ANDRE, P-DIDDY AND KATY PERRY AMONGST GUESTS?
Sadly not, despite dropping unsubtle hints that they would like to attend, with Andre even being rumoured to have already rescheduled tour dates in order to make the wedding, the couple are reportedly banning celebrities, “They have drawn up a list of roughly 2,000 people they feel should be there. There’s no room for the great and good you might normally see at society weddings”. David Beckham and Sir Elton John are amongst the lucky few to have earned an invite, whilst Dame Helen Mirren and Sir Paul McCartney will be joining Andre in watching in 2D.

THE COUPLE PLAN A LOW-KEY, BRITISH HONEYMOON

It's no Vegas, but this is some of Lincolnshire's finest entertainment

Forget the West Indies, or even a missionary voyage to Third-World countries, in light of the eternal credit crunch, William and Kate will be booking a budget honeymoon: “In respect of the recent austerity measures, William and Catherine have been discussing the possibility of holidaying somewhere in Britain during their honeymoon”. Something tells me that Blackpool or Skegness will not be discussed over the dinner table, although a weekend at a Butlins or Haven resort would certainly go down well with the public.

THE STAG-DO
Reports suggest that close friend, London night club owner Guy Pelly, is to organise Prince Williams’ stag-do, with ex girlfriend Susanna Warren and, of course, Prince Harry getting in on the action too. The event is supposedly going to be spread over multiple locations across the globe, including South Africa and London, and to include recreational activities such as golf, water sports, safaris, and fine dining, as well as some expected boozing, gambling and lap dancing. Let’s hope there’s no Nazi costumes involved…

Remember these days? Perhaps what we're all secretly hoping for in the build up to the big day

QUEEN LATIFAH IS MAID OF HONOR MATERIALIt would seem that even the most unlikely of characters have offered their advice and support of the Royal blessings, including another Queen… Queen Latifah, aka, star of hits such as Barbershop 2: Back in Business, Scary Movie 3, and The Muppets’ Wizard of Oz. “Make sure you have a sanctuary, because everybody in the world is going to be in your business”, insists Latifah, adding, “[Prince William] happened to be born a prince; you happened to go to college and meet him. You’re two kids who fell in love”. Sentimental stuff.