University of Sheffield ranks 14th in UK in The Times’ World University Rankings

Sheffield Hallam falls to 91st place

University of Sheffield has ranked 14th in the UK, with Hallam ranking 91st in The Times’ World University Rankings 2023 released today.

Globally, Uni of Sheffield ranked 114th, and Hallam ranked somewhere in the 801-1000 bracket.

In 2021, Sheffield ranked 14th in the UK, and 121st globally whilst Hallam ranked 91st again, and was globally ranked in the same bracket.

The rankings this year have included 1,799 universities globally, and is based off of teaching, research, knowledge transfer and international outlook.

Uni of scored 61.7 per cent overall, scoring 43.6 per cent for teaching, 46.4 per cent for research, 89.5 per cent for citations and 88.5 per cent for international outlook.

Sheffield Hallam wasn’t given an overall score, but scored 18.7 per cent for teaching, 14.3 per cent for research, 60.8 per cent for citations and 57.3 per cent for international outlook.

At the top of the table is The University of Oxford, topping the table for the seventh consecutive year, and Harvard Uni takes second place.

For the full listings, view the table here