The best firework displays in Sheffield this weekend

Where to spend Bonfire Night, so your fifth of November can go out with a bang 

We live in a city that always knows how to provide for the occasion and this weekend is no different. The 5th November marks Bonfire Night. Sheffield has many great places to watch fireworks this weekend and some events won’t cost you a penny. So grab your flatmates, a warm coat, a flask of hot choccy and go enjoy the festivities as the Steel City sky is lit with colourful illuminations.

Illuminate the Gardens 

Credit: Mike Eerie, Unsplashed photo

When: Friday 5 November – Sunday 7 November  

Where: Sheffield Botanical Gardens 

The Botanical Gardens are stunning all year round and this year they are opening their gates, once again, for a firework extravaganza. With tickets costing £15 (plus booking fee), you can expect to see vintage fairground rides, street food, fire performers and more. Starting between 8:15pm and 8:45pm, make sure to get there early and claim your prime viewing spot.  

Bonfire Night Firework Display, Stannington 

Credit: Jamie Street, Unsplashed photo

When: Friday 5 November, 5pm 

Where?: Rose and Crown, S6 6BR 

The Rose and Crown pub are hosting an exciting bonfire evening, for which you don’t even need a ticket. They will be providing a bbq, mulled wine, sweets and homemade parkin for you and your pals to enjoy.  

Yellow Arch Bonfire Party 

Credits: Daniel Gregoire, Unsplashed photo

When: Friday 5 November, 6pm 

Where? Yellow Arch Studios, S3 8BX 

It’s the self-proclaimed ‘best bonfire party in Kelham’ and they are certainly living up to that statement. Yellow Arches will be providing a spectacular firework display, toffee apples, live music and a DJ all for just £7. 

Wales Parish Council Community Bonfire 

Credits: Nagatoshi Shimamura, Unsplashed photo

Where? Wales Recreation Ground, Sheffield S26 6RA

When? Friday 5 November , 6pm 

This event is completely free, allowing you to stick to that tight student budget. The bonfire and firework display will begin at 6:30pm. You can head over to their Facebook page for more information about the firework evening.  

Whether you are heading out to an event or having your own personal display in your uni garden, remember to stay safe and enjoy your fifth of November.