Sheffield’s best dressed: Halloween 2021

From Princess Di to Remy, the ratatouille, Sheff really outdid themselves this year

As a student in Sheffield, Halloween never lasts one night. Over the weekend, social media has been flooded with spooky posts. From the ghostess with the mostest to the basic witch, The Sheffield Tab chose their favourite Halloween fits from Instagram. Which costume do you think was the most fab-BOO-lous?

‘Scooby Doobie Doooo!’

We saw a lot of Scooby Doo entries this year, but this one from SHU Women’s Cricket was our fave. They perfected every character, right down to Velma’s socks.

Princess Di

You have to do a double take here. Is that really Princess Di? One of the most original costumes we saw this year.

The abduction

We’re not completely sure what is going on in this photo but, if you hit the Sheffield clubs in the inflatable alien costume – well done to you.

‘Sorry, we missed you’

Simplistic yet original. He even had his own sidekick, Jess the cat.

Violet Beauregarde

“Violet! You’re turning violet, Violet!” – A Roald Dahl classic.

‘My Glasses, I can’t see without my glasses’

When one Velma isn’t enough, why not have 10? Just please don’t loose your glasses, 10 blind Velma’s would be a nightmare.

Remy, the ratatouille, the rat of all my dreams…

This costume was on par with Princess Di. This Halloween fit was completely handmade – it even included Linguini’s furry friend.

Pirates

Never have we seen such scary but pretty pirates. They even had handmade swords.

There’s a snake in my boot

Top effort from this guy with spelling ‘Andy’ out of electrical tape. We love this entry.

Telletubbies

Another classic group costume idea executed brilliantly. Who was your favourite Telletubby?

The *two blind mice

They may have been missing a fellow mouse, but these two looked fab. In not one photo were they looking at the camera, adding to the costume’s aesthetics.

Lord Farquaad will see you now…

Again, another costume where you have to question which one is the OG Farquaard. 100% effort, even if you didn’t make it to the club.

What are you doing in my swamp?

There were a lot a Shrek entries this year but, we have never seen so many Shreks in one room. Princess Fiona looks terrified in the middle. One of The Sheffield Tab’s favourite Halloween fits this year.

A visit to Bikini Bottom

Another very successful group costume. We took a trip to Bikini Bottom, to visit Spongebob and his friends. Our personal favourite is Gary the snail.

Four Corpse Brides

Coordination here is outstanding. You all look lovely.

Classic Skeletons

At first, this looks like a very simple costume. Look closer and the detail that has gone into the face painting is top tier.

Ogres are like onions. Onions have layers…

Another Shrek costume contender. This time with the whole Funkytown squad. A fab group effort.