Sheffield sports teams have released a new naked calendar

Move over Warwick rowers

The University of Sheffield sports teams have released their 2017 naked charity calendar, which sees the teams stripping off across the city, Burbage Edge and other areas in the Peak District.

Cycling, Rowing, Women’s Lacrosse, Equestrian, Squash, Rugby League and Union, Stunt Cheerleading and many other clubs took part in the shoot and all represent a different month in the calendar.

Proceeds from the calendar will go to the Sheffield Children’s Hospital Charity, which raises money for life-saving equipment and helps to create a comfortable, engaging environment for all its patients. Providing emergency care for more than 52,000 children every year, the hospital has pioneered services in major trauma and is a principal treatment centre for children with cancer and leukaemia.

September

The Hospital’s outstanding specialist care has seen demand for its services increase year on year and appreciates every penny raised to make a difference to their patients and families.

Matching world-class care with world-class facilities, £50 could help the charity create a patient sensory garden for relaxation, while £500 could pay for furnishings in their playrooms.

Daisy Ash, Charity and Volunteering Secretary for the Sports Committee, said: “It’s brilliant that so many teams got together for our partnered charity, Sheffield Children’s Hospital.

“We all walk past the hospital on the way to uni, so the work they do feels very close to us.

October

“The money raised will not only make a great difference to the hospital, but it will also help the families and the life-saving journeys the children have to make.”

The calendars are on sale for £6 and can be bought from Our Shop or by messaging the Sports Committee Facebook page.