What Are You Doing Tonight?

They might just find what you’re looking for.

city portal events in newcastle la taxis newcastle the city portal

Always looking out for our student readers, The Tab has discovered thecityportal.co.uk

With the backing of ‘NewcastleGateshead Initiative’, this essential city guide is a one stop shop for a great time in Newcastle. Having also launched a free app, they are propelling themselves into the lives of every student, tourist and resident as the best place to enjoy the city.

The app’s home page

The website and app enable the user to see what events are on in Newcastle, (ranging from stand up comedy to edgy music gigs), and give you money off various experiences or restaurants to enjoy your time even more.

Having downloaded the app, which is conveniently free, the Tab was very impressed with its usability and variety of deals to be had. The home page shows the hottest event, along with the menu and also a tab to call a taxi.

There really is nothing left for you to do except have a browse, pick something to do and get down there. They will even remind you by email and on the app about your booking so you can plan ahead.

Of course, students are targeted along with tourists. This is why the team have installed their own screen-fitted headrests into the student-popular LA Taxis which loop adverts to the passenger in the taxi.

The kind people of the City Portal and LA Taxis have teamed up to offer 3 months of free taxi travel to one lucky winner. Enter by liking and sharing this link.

For students looking for work: the City Portal are looking to recruit confident student sales executives to approach companies and secure their business. Call 07506868622 for an immediate start in this innovative and exciting business.

Using this service will let you make the most of Newcastle during your time here. So check it out. Visit the website, their Facebook page or download the FREE app now!