Here are six festivals happening in Liverpool this summer

Smithdown Road Festival is actually a thing

There are only two things that are keeping our spirits high during this lockdown: TikTok, and hope that June 21st really does see the end of social distancing. If things all go to plan, there is actually a chance you might be able to stand in a crowd surrounded by people who love the same music as you this summer. The sun will be shining, drinks will be flowing, and you will be dancing- what utter bliss.

Undeniably the best thing about festivals is the sheer versatility of them; music-lovers, film-lovers, food-lovers, lovers in general, everyone has a festival suited to them and what they love. Absolutely nothing compares to the atmosphere at a festival where you’re surrounded by people who are simply there to enjoy the same music or food or whatever as you do. Festivals are like one big reunion of fans and words cannot express how truly missed they are.

With almost every event recently throwing dates at you to mark in the calendar ready for post-lockdown festivities, you’re bound to forget specific dates for your favourite events. To help the festival-goers navigate their way around festival dates, we’ve made a list of festivals to help you figure out which ones to get booking:

Baltic Weekender

Still crying over Baltic Weekender being cancelled last year? Cry no more, organisers have confirmed Baltic Weekender will be returning this summer. The line-up looks pretty decent, consisting of house, grime, techno, bass music and some music that falls between those genres. The full lineup is yet to be announced, but tickets are available via Skiddle for you to buy ready for this summer.

The festival will take place between August 13th and 14th and events will be hosted across six stages within the Baltic Triangle.

Smithdown Road Festiva

Did you think ASDA was the best thing to happen to Smithdown Road? If so, think again. There’s a festival happening there this September consisting of a range of comedy, music, and kids activities for free.

Despite being cancelled last year due to the pandemic, organisers have announced the festival will be taking place between September 24th and 26th. Venues include Handyman’s, Craft Taproom, Bean There, Belzan, Frank’s and more to be announced.

If anyone wants more information or wants to get involved with the festival, contact [email protected] or visit facebook.com/Smithdownfestival.

Film & Food Fest

In a venue yet to be announced, foodies and cinephiles will be happy to hear of this new festival coming to Liverpool this summer. It’s a four-day festival organised by the UK’s biggest touring outdoor cinema company, consisting of (you guessed it) outdoor cinema, stand up comedy, street food vendors and short films.

Organisers have confirmed the festival will be taking place between August 12th to August 15th.

For information on how to get tickets, go to filmandfoodfest.com.

The One in the Woods

For all the techno, house and bass fans out there, The One in the Woods is a festival taking place in Orrell Hill Woods this July.

The two-day festival boasts performances taking place on three stages and a variety of food stalls. Organisers have confirmed the festival will take place between July 17th and 18th.

You can get tickets now via Skiddle.

Save The Rave

Did you love those 90s raves in Constellations before the pandemic hit? The ones where you wear those sunglasses and constantly make peace signs? You’ll be happy to hear a daytime festival with  90s rave acts including of Livin’ Joy, Angie Brown, N Trance, Baby D and 2Funky2 is coming to Victoria Park in Southport this summer.

The event will take place on June 26th and will run from 12pm until 10pm. Alongside the 90s tunes, there’ll be pop-up gin and prosecco bars, and street food stalls.

For more information and to get tickets, head to www.savetheravefestival.co.uk.

Liverpool Sound City

Organisers have confirmed Sound City has rescheduled a new date in 2021, and that any tickets bought for the original 2021 date remain valid for the new dates.

The festival includes a range of performers this year from Red Rum Club to Miss Tati and Hello Delaware. Lanterns On The Lake and The Lathums have been confirmed for the lineup too.

The new dates for Sound City are from October 1st until the 3rd. To get tickets, head to soundcity.uk.com.