Ways Liverpool students can make money alongside their studies

Move over Depop, there are surveys to be taking

Finding a student job isn’t as easy as you think. It’s one rejection email after another, you’re bored of living off potato waffles and baked beans, and trying to find an ounce of hope is proving to be somewhat impossible. If I read another “Thanks for your application, unfortunately-” email I might scream.

Fear no more, however, as you are reading that ounce of hope right this minute; a list of the best student side hustles. No more worrying about who’s paying for the next round because you’re seven feet deep into your overdraft, or being that annoying friend that asks for the 82p your mate owes you- drinks in Tier 2 will be on you because you took action after reading this.

Without further ado, here’s some student side-hustles you can start to up those pennies:

Sell your old clothes online

I know that Depop veterans can get on people’s nerves a bit, but there’s actually some good money to make from selling stuff you don’t need. From clothes you haven’t worn since your year nine indie phase, to your beat-up air force from 2014, people will buy literally anything. Just make sure you haven’t left anything embarrassing in the pockets.

Take some surveys

I know it sounds mundane, but surveys are similar to transcribing; flexible and super easy. In fact, they use even less brainpower than transcription does. You can watch videos and answer questionnaires, which can be done from pretty much anywhere. It’s so quick and easy, it’s pretty much a no brainer. Plus, it’s better and way less annoying, than just answering third-year students’ dissertations for free.

Become a delivery driver

This is a great one if you brought a car up to uni, plus most places will reimburse you for the petrol you use and you may also get discounted food, which I’m sure your housemates will love you for. A car isn’t a necessity either, you could also use a bike if you fancy, keeping you fit and saving the environment at the same time. Delivery drivers are in serious demand at the moment due to coronavirus as well, so it shouldn’t be too tricky to find one. Also, if you ever work for Hermes, you can solve the mystery of why they lobbed my Zara package in the bush outside.

Transcribe documents for people

Transcription jobs are a great way to earn extra money on the side and are even better for uni students as the hours are so flexible. Many do not have any requirements and can be done with no prior experience. This is great just to add a little extra spice to your CV as well. It won’t take over your social life either, as there’s no fixed rota, meaning it’s a fab and easy way to earn you that extra vodka lemonade on Saturday night.

You can take a look at one of the many transcription job sites here.

Become a tutor

If you see yourself as the brainier type, tutoring is definitely the path for you. Another great job to chuck on the CV, and you can earn some serious moola. It can be done online as well as in person, so even during a national pandemic, you can be making some extra money for when we’re all allowed outside again. As a uni student, you can tutor quite literally anyone, from primary school to A-level. there’s loads of sites you can sign up to find clients on, for example, one of them i’ve linked 

Become a student brand ambassador

Are you a bit of a social media aficionado? Then being a student brand ambassador is a fab way to up your Instagram game, earn some money and get some amazing extra perks. Brand ambassador jobs are everywhere and are a clever opportunity for students to earn some money on the side. Plus with the perks you get from your brand, you could save even more money, with discounts on things like retail and food. It’s a much more sociable job than things like surveys as you’ll work for an actual company rather than freelancing, creating great networking opportunities for when you leave uni.

So there you have it- the easiest ways to make some money as a student. If you end up earning quite a bit thanks to this article, I’ll have a double gin lemonade, cheers.