Image may contain: Market, Tree, Bonsai, Barefoot, Crowd, Vase, Pottery, Potted Plant, Plant, Jar, Flora, Person, People, Human

It’s been announced that Constellations is going to close in 2019

It is expected to close for ‘residential development’

It has been reported from sources close to the venue that the popular venue is due to close in 2019.

The popular art and music venue is situated within the lively Baltic Triangle, with students visiting for events such as Baltic Weekender. The venue also hosts a variety of imaginative and alternative events bringing a wide variety of arts and culture into the area including Liverpool Soul Festival and Liverpool Sound City.

The venue opened in 2014 by a group of Liverpool creatives; including directors Rebecca Wild and Nicholas Baskerville. The venue has flourished throughout recent years and won a RIBA Award in 2015 for its 'sense of enclosure' and the Baltic Triangle was also named the coolest place to live in Britain.

Image may contain: Restaurant, Cafe, Crowd, Audience, Vase, Pottery, Potted Plant, Plant, Jar, Flora, Person, People, Human

Baltic Weekender 2018 saw large acts such as Redlight perform in Constellations

The news that Constellation's could potentially be closing comes as large blow to Liverpool as the city struggles to provide a large majority of creative independent spaces.

The closure will have a large impact on students with the venue hosting a variety of special events for students over the past academic year such as David Attenborough's Jungle Boogie. Constellations is the home of Souljam Liverpool with monthly rituals including Soul Power and Summer Soulin'.

Image may contain: Party, Smile, Portrait, Face, Person, People, Human

Souljam held monthly sell out parties in Constellations