New year new Med: #MedFriday is now a thing

Has LEVEL stolen Med’s crown?

alcohol clubbing concert square drinking friday liverpool med medfriday medication mednesdays wednesday

Legendary hotspot Medication have moved their famous Mednesday to Friday as the Wednesday night clubbing war escalates.

Brave organisers say the night – which celebrates its 10th birthday this year – has been moved because a new generation of Medheads can’t hack Thursday morning lectures.

The move will leave rivals LEVEL in charge of midweek mayhem as Med encourages everyone to “bring all your mates with you” to their re-branded event.

They said: “With many of our second and third year Medheads struggling because of Thursday lectures, we have decided to move Medication to a Friday for 2015.”

They added: “Best of all you can bring all your mates with you.”

Eager Med revellers have been assured the club will still be “the cheapest place to drink, dance and party at the weekend”, and they’ll even have a new deep house room in the annexe – along with having all their pals there.

Second year Hispanic student Emily is a huge fan of Med and welcomes the news with open arms.

New club on the block LEVEL also has a student night on Wednesdays

She said: “It’s sticky and smelly but it’s our Med. I’ve only been a couple of times but it’s actually really good.

“People think it’s really cheesy but it’s always full, so the majority of people must enjoy themselves.

“I wonder if it might do even better on a Friday?”

But Will, a second year Engineering student, isn’t particularly excited by the news.

He told The Tab: “It’s obvious they can’t compete with glossy new LEVEL down the road, that’s quite funny.

“I don’t usually go out on Wednesdays precisely because of Med. Maybe there’s space for a new, cooler alternative to Wednesday nights out.”