Students will need to prove they don’t have Covid to watch the England match at Towers

You can also attend if you have received both doses of the vaccine

In a statement on social media, the Unversity of Lincoln’s Students’ Union has confirmed those visiting Towers to watch “any upcoming England matches” will need to provide proof of a negative Covid test taken 48 hours prior or proof they have both doses of the vaccine.

England will be going up against Ukraine in the upcoming quarter-final match this Saturday, July 3rd at 8pm. On Wednesday, Raheem Sterling and Harry Kane scored the winning goals against their opponents, Germany.

In their statement, Lincoln SU said: “In the interests of everyone’s safety, everyone who is visiting Towers during any upcoming England matches will need to provide proof of a negative Covid test taken within 48 hours before the event or proof of having both doses of the vaccine.

“This will need to be evidenced via the NHS app or in a text or email from the NHS confirming your test/vaccine status. Proof of a negative lateral flow or PCR tests via email/text can be accepted also.

“Entry will be refused to anyone who cannot provide proof of this on the night.”