Pavilions and Hayes Wharf are offering a rent-free period for students unable to return to uni

These accommodations are privately owned by iQ in Lincoln

In an email to all residents, iQ accommodation confirmed students who are unable to return to their room and pay their rent directly to iQ, are being offered a six-week rent-free period from January 5 to February 15.

This comes after the University of Lincoln reduced rent by 20 per cent for students in uni-managed accommodations last week. Lucy Krogdahl, the VP of Wellbeing and Community has sent letters on behalf of all students to 12 non-University owned student accommodations and 14 letting agencies that manage student houses.

iQ accommodation, who look after students in Pavilions and Hayes Wharf in Lincoln, said: “The relevant amount will be credited to your iQ rental account by the end of March 2021, provided you are up to date with your payments. To request your rent free period, you need to log into your iQ resident portal and select the ‘Lockdown Discount’ button to submit your request.

“We expect that when it is safe to travel residents will return and continue with their contract as normal.”

For students who are yet to arrive at their accommodation, iQ continues to offer “flexible start dates and ask that you get in touch to discuss if this applies to you via [email protected].

Residents who have already returned to their accommodation will continue to have their rent charged at the normal rate, in line with their tenancy agreement. In the email, they said: “Our accommodation is open and operating in line with Government guidance. We continue to offer 24/7 security and staff are on hand to help with deliveries and to support you if you are self-isolating.”