Image may contain: Apartment Building, Advertisement, Housing, High Rise, Town, City, Urban, Office Building, Building

Lincoln tells students returning from Asia to remain indoors if showing symptoms

These countries include Thailand, Japan, Singapore and Malaysia

The University of Lincoln has advised students who have recently returned from multiple Asian countries to remain indoors and avoid contact with others.

Students are advised to call NHS 111 and avoid contact with any other humans if they have developed symptoms of coronavirus. These mat be a cough, fever or shortness of breath.

The University continues to follow the guidance of Public Health England, who is setting out these guidelines. As of today, there are four confirmed cases of coronavirus in the UK.

Image may contain: Page, Document, Text

The uni said: "PHE yesterday updated their travel advice to include other countries in Asia. If you have travelled to the UK from China (excluding Wuhan and Hubei province), Hong Kong, Macau, Thailand, Japan, Republic of Korea, Tawain, Singapore and Malaysia in the last 14 days and if you have developed symptoms (such as cough, fever or shortness of breath) you must also stay indoors, avoid contact with others and call NHS 111."

The death toll has reached to 813 in total, but the risk to individuals in the UK remains low, as stated by PHE.

The University has asked people "to acknowledge that incidences of coronavirus are not specific to any nationality. […] remember that our diverse and inclusive community comprises people from around the world, including China."

Image may contain: Letter, Alphabet, Word, Text

The University would like students to know that they can "access advice and support through the Student Wellbeing team"