‘I haven’t watched it sober’: We spoke to Josie from Secret Life of Students one year on

This is the last one we promise

Josie was the star of last year’s cringe Channel 4 documentary Secret Life of Students. Now one year on, she’s talking STI’s, Aiden and dealing with the dizzying heights of fame.

She says: “I’m just going to laugh at it… there was so much other stuff that went on.”

One story that Channel 4 was keen to pick up on was Josie being at risk of catching an STI, after sleeping with co-star, Aiden. Though Josie does not appeared fazed by the exposure she received:

“You learn from your mistakes, it happens to quite a few people.”

Josie did admit that she and Aiden did team up to try to get the story edited out. However, despite the editorial freedom they claim the channel originally promised them, the juicy story stayed in.

Josie does admit that she hasn’t “watched it sober” and that her mum has not seen it yet, even though it has been shown in places as far away as Australia.

Nights out are when she gets most recognised as “the girl who got chlamydia,” but Josie is quick to put anyone who says this to her straight.

Josie did become friends with the camera crew during her time on the show, but has not heard from them since filming ended. She admits that she feels “gullible” for befriending them now that the show is finished.

She now lives in a house with Mads and Ben from the programme, which she says was the best thing about the whole experience.

Looking back, Josie reveals that she “probably wouldn’t do it if I was asked again,” given the footage of the show.

A year later and Josie is finding University life a “trillion times better” than first year, thanks to feeling more focused with her studies and joining the Bass and DJ society.

Josie also now works in Nourish on campus, so feel free to say hey to her, we dare you.