UNICEF on campus launch Roaring 20’s Ball

UNICEF on campus to host roaring 20’s ball for the first time.

UNICEF student group is to hold a ball for the first time in an attempt to raise awareness of the charity and its work.

Tickets to the event are £10 each, enough money to vaccinate 83 children against polio. Non-students are also welcome at the event being held at Leicester’s City Rooms on Wednesday 19th March. Tickets for non-students are £15.

The event starts at 8pm and will feature live performances from the Burlesque society and from Big Band. Food will be provided as well as a chocolate fountain.

The ball is a continuation of the hard work and dedication of the societies execs who have worked tirelessly on other fundraising events throughout the year and is set to be the largest event of their year. More details can be found on the Facebook event.

UNICEF on campus Publicity Officer, Kirstie Whitehall, told The Tab: “It’s going to be the biggest event of the year, we have some incredible people performing and we are all really excited about it. We’d love you all to come along!”

It comes after their successful man auction held before Christmas which raised £300. The group were also able to give away food vouchers to restaurants in Leicester, including Nandos.

UNICEF on campus have also held numerous bake sales, with the Halloween and Valentine’s Day sales raising more than £500.

They have also been proactive in raising money to help those affected by the Philippines disaster, successfully raising £217.

More details of the work UNICEF on campus and its parent organisation are doing can be found on the societies blog.