Real China’s Unreal Food Hygiene Offences

Chinese Buffet restaurant Real China has been fined after serving and storing food at incorrect temperatures.

Student favourite Real China has been charged £12,000 after breaching food hygiene regulations.

The inspection team, which included environmental health chiefs, were met with dirty equipment, incorrectly stored food and broken fridge seals.

Real China’s problem in keeping with food hygiene regulations has been a continuous problem, starting all the way back into October of last year.

Prosecutor for the case, Nicki Agalamanyi, said: “When an officer asked the chef to show her the food temperature probes she was given two probes. The probes were very dirty and, when this was brought to the chef’s attention, he was seen to pick food debris from the probes with his fingers.”

Food was also being stored at dangerous temperatures. Buffet-style food was found to be 14 degrees warmer than the recommended temperature, whilst heated food that should be served at a minimum of 63 deg C was found to be served at 50 deg C and beef at 52 deg C.

Wenbing Liang, the director of The Real China said: “On behalf of the company and all my colleagues, I want to say sorry. We have undertaken a deep clean and have spent tens of thousands on a new floor and new equipment.”

Real China is popular with students and sports clubs, all of whom have expressed concern over the findings.

Noel, a Third Year Volleyball player, told The Tab: “I always went to Real China with the team. It’s been a tradition for the past three years. This is such a disappointment! ”

Another student, Riley, said: “I’ve literally brought every single relative for dinner to The Real China when they came to visit. I can’t believe they were charged with so many offences, it always looked like a stand up, clean place.”

Real China has not been closed to the public at any point yet.