Image may contain: Club, Photography, Photo, Portrait, Apparel, Clothing, People, Display, Monitor, Screen, Electronics, Face, Party, Person, Human

Why YOU should write for The Leeds Tab

Build that experience in the media industry, plus it’s kind of a large amount of fun

With our open meeting on Tuesday 29th January at The Faversham, here are a few reasons why you should join our team and write for The Leeds Tab.

To write stories students care about

Image may contain: Female, Poster, Advertisement, Apparel, Clothing, Face, Person, Human

Just last term, we brought you news of the Hyde Park house with a devil dungeon in the basement, and then got the pictures from the Halloween party hosted there that over 100 people gatecrashed.

We also brought you rolling breaking news coverage when a man was stabbed near the Sainsbury's in Hyde Park.

The Durham Tab is always reporting on the things that Durham students actually give a fuck about.

To get a head start in Journalism

Image may contain: Machine, Wheel, Police Car, Person, Human, Vehicle, Transportation, Car, Automobile

Tab writers often get their stories picked up by national media, and have broken stories later picked up by The New York Times, The Washington Post and The Guardian.

Tab writers have gone onto write for The Times, The Telegraph, Vice, The Sun and The Mail to name a few.

Flo Perry, Editor at Buzzfeed, and a former Durham Tab writer said: "The Tab is a unique platform for students to get their voice heard. There is no other organisation offering such creative freedom with such a big audience. It was the most fun thing I did at uni, and I wouldn’t have the job I have now without it."

Other Tab alumni have gone onto write for UK Vogue (Ellie Pithers, The Tab Cambridge, ‘11) as well as the New Statesman (Patrick Maguire, The Tab UCL, ‘16).

To have fun

Image may contain: Female, Smile, Head, Face, Person, Human, Poster, Collage, Advertisement

Where else will you get sent 700 applicants from single people asking you to play cupid for them? We do socials as well, don't worry.

No experience is required at all, and as well as writers, we're looking for people to help run our Instagram, produce video content and also make memes. You can sign up to join the team right now by clicking this link or come and meet the team at our open meeting on Tuesday 29th January at The Faversham.