Lancaster is the 30th best UK uni according to reviews by Lancs students

The student crowd table ranks Lancaster one place below King’s College London

A new university ranking table by Student Crowd has ranked Lancaster University 30th out of 140 UK universities.

The ranking reflects a 4.2/5 average, based on student reviews of various aspects of campus life. This includes aspects such as internet and wifi, students’ union, clubs and societies, and the careers service.

The ranking contrasts the Guardian University League table of 2023, in which Lancaster University takes 14th place (dropping one place from 13th in 2022), based on categories such as student satisfaction, student spending, average entry tariff, and career prospects.

The table shows that entry requirements for the university are equivalent to 176-191 UCAS points and that the university has a high offer rate of 88.2 per cent.

The acceptance rate of the university is far lower, with only 17.72 per cent of applicants accepted to study.

Student Crowd also ranks the university’s private on and off-campus accommodation: with Grizedale college ranking as the best on-campus housing, while St. Leonard’s House takes the top spot overall.

Of the nearly 17,500 students enrolled at the university in February 2022, 11,995 were UK students, while EU students made up 1,640 of the student population, leaving non-EU students fulfilling the reaming 3,835.

Related articles recommended by this writer