Terrible news! Greggs has increased its prices

Bad news for Lancaster students

Lancaster University students love Greggs’ Sausage Rolls, but due to rising prices, these Lancs essentials may be harder to afford.

Bakery chain Greggs has increased the prices of its items across stores. This is devastating news to Lancaster Uni students, since Greggs is such a popular student outlet.

The prices have increased by between 5 and 10 pence.

Before the price change, the cost of a Sausage Roll or Vegan Sausage Roll was £1.10 and now it has increased to £1.15.

The price of a bake has risen from £1.75 to £1.80. This includes Steak Bakes; Chicken Bakes; Cheese & Bean Bakes; Sausage, Bean & Cheese Melts; and Vegan Sausage, Bean & CheeZe Melts. However, a Cheese & Onion Bake remains at £1.70.

Margherita Pizza has increased from £1.75 to £1.80 and a Pepperoni Pizza has changed from £2 to £2.10.

A regular-sized Cappucino, Mocha, Hot Chocolate, Flat White and Latte have risen in price from £1.85 to £1.90.

The price of a filled Doughnut has increased from £1.10 to £1.15.

A Greggs branded drink, such as a Sparkling Raspberry Lemonade, now costs £1.40 when it previously cost £1.35.

These changes have come into effect today, October 3rd, across all three Lancaster stores, as well as all other Greggs stores nationwide.

The Lancaster Tab is looking for new writers for the upcoming academic year! You can find everything you need to know here! We hope to see you at our open meeting on October 11th, 7pm, at County Bar.

Related articles recommended by this writer: