Image may contain: Raincoat, Person, Human, Coat, Apparel, Clothing

One of the Sri Lanka bombers studied at Kingston University

He studied aerospace engineering

One of the men behind the attacks in Sri Lanka went to Kingston University, it has been revealed.

According to The Daily Telegraph, Abdul Lathief studied Aerospace Engineering between 2006 and 2007. British forces are currently trying to find out if his stay in England had links to the attack on Sunday.

The six attacks on Easter Sunday targeted churches and hotels. Currently, the death toll is 310 and over 500 have been injured. ISIS have since claimed responsibility for the attack.

Sri Lanka's defence minister, Ruwan Wijewardene, told the public that one of the bombers had studied in the UK as well as Australia for his postgraduate studies.

Wijewardene also said there were nine suicide bombers in total, most of whom came from well-educated backgrounds and affluent families. Of the nine, eight have been identified – one being a woman.

Wijewardene said: "This group of suicide bombers, most of them are well educated and come from middle or upper-middle class, so their families are quite stable financially.

"There is a worrying factor in this. Some of them have, I think, studied in various other countries, they hold degrees, LLMs, they're quite well educated people".

Kingston University have yet to release a statement.