King’s is in the top 50 unis in the world for employability

Yes, it’s time for another rankings table

careers employability imperial jobs KCL league London lse poll rankings ucl uni

King’s have hit yet another milestone in an impressive start to the academic year, landing themselves in the top 50 in global employability.

The survey, carried out by German market research firm Trendence, asked recruiters from over 21 major countries what attributes they look for in both Universities and in their students.

In this years rankings, King’s has earned a place in 43rd position, beating local London rivals LSE (45th)

Flanked by our old rivals

According to these global recruiters, the three things they look for are past experience with graduates, international exposure and the expertise of the university in relevant field.

This has been seen as part of a growing trend that future employers look for more than just academic excellence.

Unsurprisingly, Harvard, Oxbridge and Cambridge took the top three positions, with the top London institution being Imperial in 15th place.

Looking at the rest of the UK, Edinburgh came in at 23rd and Manchester 24th.

The main success story from this year’s publication was the National University of Singapore (NUS) who were a big climber up the rankings table, and this has been attributed to their programme of sending students on semesters away to work with major up-and-coming companies.