What’s the best night out in Liverpool?

For all the Medheads and Levellers

Liverpool arguably offers the best night out in the country, but which one it is depends on you.

Seven nights a week Concert Square is filled with students in search of alcohol, music and someone to pull.

The ever-growing list of events and places to go has made Liverpool a hot-spot for students to get absolutely shit-faced.

With so much variety and criminally cheap drink prices (in the right places), it’s hard to argue when your annoying flatmate is badgering you to come out with them.

Tiki Joe’s is too familiar for most of us. We love the shame.

Fleet Street on Halloween

Halloween was probably by far the busiest night Concert Square has ever experienced. The streets were so full it was almost impossible to move. Seemingly, fancy dress and getting para go hand in hand.

But which night out do John Moores students actually prefer?

Ella Pearson-Glover, 20, Criminology and Sociology

“I like Seel Street, places like Brooklyn Mixer. I like Concert Square when it’s quieter. I’m not keen on the typical student nights. I don’t like Level. It feels like they try to get too many people in, and I don’t like the music.”

Anthony Roberts, 23, Drama

“I like to go to Black Rabbit on a Saturday. It’s sick in there and you always pull. I fucking hate Level. Always ends up with someone trying to have a fight in there.”

Daisy Scott, 18, Journalism

“Mojo’s the best because you can listen to Stone Roses and dance on tables.

“I hate Level and Garlands. They’re fucking awful. They play shitty music, it’s just sticky. It’s like they use the twirly lights they used at school discos. Only you have some weirdo grinding on you.”

Sophie Mckenzie, 20, Media Production

“Heebie Jeebies and Mojo are the best places. Drinks are only £1.50 in Heebies basement. The music’s different and old. There’s no house music.

“I avoid Level and Med. Level’s too big and the music’s not what I like. And there’s too many people being sick when you walk into Med.”

Ollie Cochrane, 20, Law

“Med is the best place. Seel Street is pretty good as well.”

“Concert square is awful. Same shit, different night. It’s full of wall-punchers. Level is awful.”

Luke Hash, 19, and Ellie Campbell, 20, Sociology

Ellie said; “I like Brooklyn Mixer, but I don’t really like going out like I did last year. It’s just not as good and taxis are expensive. But I have to be absolutely off my trolley to go into Popworld”.

Luke told us; “I prefer student nights to a weekend, they’re not as busy. It’s just my preference; I’d rather be out with students because I feel safer.”
“Brooklyn Mixer isn’t that big so it gets a bit cramped, and I don’t like Popworld. I’d have to be really drunk for that.”

Kacper Pabian, 20, Law

“Popworld is my favourite place in Liverpool. I love going on the stripper pole. I was in my element on St Paddy’s day: I had a ‘pole dance-off’ with some girl.”

At least somebody likes Popworld…

What is your favourite place for a night out in Liverpool?