There is going to be a student screening of Elf next week

Watch the greatest cinematic creation since Love Actually

Elf Independent john moores leaf liverpool screening student Student's Union

Independent Liverpool have teamed up with our Students Union, and are screening Elf next week, exclusively for JMU students.

You know it’s Christmas when you’re excited to see a grown man skipping around New York in an undersized elf suit, and what better way to witness this yearly blessing to the TV screen than by watching it in independent venue, Leaf, surrounded by friends and other students?

The holidays couldn’t come fast enough at this point, as we see an end to the year of Brexit and the loss of many childhood heroes, it is important for us to remember that there is still some good in this world, and what better way to do this than by celebrating Christmas together?

The screening will be on 6th December at 7:30 upstairs in LEAF cafe, on Bold street, and the evening is going to be filled with festive fun such as Christmas themed food and cocktails There will also be  the classic Christmas jumper competition, so be sure to wear your most obnoxious, tinsel covered creations, or your best Primark bargain, for a chance to win. There will also, of course, be plenty of popcorn to go around.

To top of the Christmas cheer, there is set to be a surprise guest appearance. A raffle ticket will be given to each ticket buyer, and the winner of the raffle will be announced after the film by the mystery attendee.

Despite common belief, the best way to spread Christmas cheer is actually to watch your childhood movies with a side of cocktails so that you can forget about all of your terrifying deadlines. Tickets are selling fast and going for just £2.50, and you can buy up to two tickets per person, so don’t sit at home like an angry elf, make sure you get some for yourself and your housemates before it is too late!