These Glasgow students are filling santa sacks for the elderly

So cute

It seems that our Glasgow Uni is full of do-gooders this festive season.

We’ve already had students living below the poverty line, participating in naked charity calendars, and now we have Glasgow’s Geography and Earth Sciences department filling Santa sacks for the elderly.

Their aim is to fill 100 sacks full of donated food for local residents who are unable to feed themselves this Christmas.

GEOGSOC and GUESS have come together

The Glasgow University Earth Science Society and Geography Society have come together for the cause.

A video produced by Anca Amarei (GUESS) and Cameron Mackay (GEOGSOC) went live on the Uni’s website to help spread awareness. It’s the second year the 100 Santa Sacks appeal has run and it’s in friendly competition with Glasgow Caley.

The Santa sacks are filled with essential food and goodies. GUESS and GEOGSOC are asking for people to donate tins, jars, packets, drinks and toiletries and these can be dropped off at the Uni’s Gregory Building, 27 Lilybank Gardens. If you haven’t done so already, this is your perfect opportunity to help our elderly residents.

The deadline date for both of the universities is December 1st, and STV will do a big reveal where we’ll find out who won.

Donate what you can now at the Gregory Building.