There’s been another fire at Glasgow School of Art
The blaze broke out at around 7.50pm last night
Last night there was another fire at Glasgow School of Art.
Scottish Fire and Rescue services were called to the college’s Reid Building on Renfrew Street after the blaze started in the kitchen at around 7.50pm.
A spokesman for the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service has said the fire was extinguished when they arrived using a sprinkler system and they were able to leave the scene two hours later.
Students were evacuated from the building.
A spokeswoman for the School has said: “The building fire alarm was activated and all occupants evacuated safely.
“The sprinkler system was automatically triggered and this put out the fire.”
In 2014, a blaze broke out in the Glasgow School of Art’s 169-year-old Mackintosh Building, destroying students’ coursework pieces and the building’s famous library. The fire started after flammable gases were ignited.
No-one was injured by the fire but students, teachers and Glaswegians alike were shocked and saddened by the incident.