Friendly feline to have building named after him

Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them

University sources have suggeseted Miller the cat, who was much loved by many at Glasgow may be commemorated with a building named after him.

With the expansion of the main Gilmorehill campus there’s room for a building or structure to commemorate the people’s pet.

Glasgow University’s social media officer Emma Gilmartin said: “We were deeply saddened to hear of the death of Miller the cat, a much loved feline friend of University of Glasgow staff and students.

“He became an institution at the university over the years, known affectionately as ‘the Adam Smith cat’, and he will be sorely missed.”

The warm messages pouring in across social media have brought great comfort to his owner Laura Kerr, 33.

“It’s been a very sad week but the overwhelming amount of love and support have helped the grief.

Third year, Helen Marshall said “He wasn’t just a cat, he was our friend.”

Aslan (aka Millar the uni cat) – bad man king of these God damn dangerous west end streets and the one who taught us that real bravery is to lie in the middle of busy roads and stare down cars.

Some say he was the Samuel L Jackson of cats.

Rest in peace you legend.