Bats, cheating and socks: Exeter’s most horrifying hookup stories

Skip the horror films, these stories are scary enough

It’s officially Halloween! We are well and truly in the spooky season where everyone is dressed in their scariest outfits and ready to dance the night away for a week straight. October is usually the time of year where everyone has their inevitable canon event.

Whether that’s their ex situationship creeping out of the shadows or finally cutting off that mullet haired toxic guy that’s been ruining their life for the past three months. Either way, October always seems to be the time of year for absolute chao. So, to honour this turbulent, spooky month, we asked Exeter Uni students what their most horrifying hookup stories are. Prepare yourself, the following is extremely questionable and somewhat terrifying.

1. The Google Forms

“He whipped out a google forms for me to complete and a leave a review of his shag.”

Most are committed to the perfect Halloween look, some are committed to perfection in other ways. The dedication is admirable, however, we have to wonder how honestly you’re expected to answer. Super awkward and really weird…

2. The bat

“We went back to hers and she brought out a dead bat she had encased in glass.”

True sinister spirit. I have so many questions but might not want the answers to them. I guess some like to keep Halloween going all year round?

3. The undercover college student

Next is the truly terrifying story of a girl who thought she had met an “absolute hottie” who told her that he was 21.

She later discovered that he was 18 and an Exeter COLLEGE student??? It’s a chilling thought to think that the average Exeter Uni student in Fever may not even be a uni student at all. Be careful out there.

4. RIP duvet

Around this time of year, alcohol plays a big part in bad decisions. One student wrote that her hookup drunkenly mistook her bed as the BATHROOM. They “pissed on the bed in the night with [her] still sleeping in it”. Throwing out her duvet cover probably wasn’t on her university bingo cards for this year…

5. Uni families

There are Halloween scares, and then there are pregnancy scares. In a crazy twist, one student wrote in that his hookup “faked a pregnancy to try and trap [him] into a relationship.” Clearly, he didn’t feel like dressing up as a baby daddy this year. Yikes.

6. The two-timers

One student wrote that a guy “hooked up with [her] and [her] best friend within the span of a day” and “yes, he knew”.

You’d think that the “Exetah” Uni stereotype should come with some class, however, some of these stories prove otherwise. I guess sharing is caring?

7. Sock scares

“He had socks where you put your INDIVIDUAL TOES into each hole.”

Exeter is arguably a place of fashionistas, with Ralph Lauren and Tom’s Trunks for as far as the eye can see. However, one student said that her hook-up had questionable socks… Fashion-forward or fashion faux pas? Maybe they’re onto the next trend that we don’t understand just yet.

8. Abduction?

“got kidnapped by a hookup for a full 30 mins without realising.”

Scary stories can become borderline illegal very fast. This one definitely needs more context because WTF!?! Don’t worry though, she included that she made a safe escape.

9. When the FeetFinder subscription isn’t in the budget

“He had a thing for toe-sucking”.

Nothing says eerie and finishes off this list quite like a foot fetish. Enough said. Exeter clearly needs help, not Halloween costume ideas…

Related articles recommended by this writer: