Timothée Chalamet lookalike competition

Inside the carnage of the Timothée Chalamet lookalike competition, where he turned up

One of the lookalikes also got arrested!?

Truly a moment for the ages happened over the weekend in New York City. One of those cultural events that you didn’t even know was happening, but that you’re going to spend the rest of your life thinking “why the HELL was I not there?” I am of course talking about the Timothée Chalamet lookalike competition – where the grand prize was 50 dollars and the actual man himself turned up. Not only did Timothée Chalamet rock up to the lookalike competition, he also arguably lost because nobody thought he even really looked like himself. Oh, and one of the lookalikes got arrested. So there’s that. Here’s a peek inside the utter carnage that went down at the instantly iconic Timothée Chalamet lookalike competition.

The whole thing was organised by YouTuber Anthony Po

In case you don’t know him, Anthony Po is a YouTuber and content creator who makes a lot of videos with various challenges, based around New York City. He’s got over a million subs and a lot of followers on his platforms. He organised the Timothée Chalamet lookalike competition.

The proceedings went down seemingly with some form of clapometer as the judge of who is actually the best Chalamet lookalike.

Various contenders stepped forward and got varying amounts of cheers to determine a winner. I think. Then actual Timothée Chalamet rocked up and sent everyone into meltdown.

And then in the wildest twist, one of the Timothée Chalamet lookalikes ended up getting arrested.

It’s unclear why he actually got arrested, but one person on Twitter who was there said this allegedly happened because cops were trying to move people along and the lookalike didn’t do what was asked. It’s all very dramatic.

So who won?

The winner of the coveted 50 dollar prize was not Chalamet himself, because that would be daft. It was a 21 year old from Staten Island who ate it up in a Wonka look. He said he’s spending his winnings on candy. Absolutely fair play.

I long to attend any events like this in the future. It is what dreams are made of. Good clean fun!

For more like this plus all the latest news, drops, quizzes and memes, like The Tab on Facebook.