The 11 worst Timotheé Chalamet movies ranked, according to Rotten Tomatoes

These are Timotheé Chalamet’s worst films, ranked by how low they score on Rotten Tomatoes

Let’s hope Dune: Part 2 doesn’t met these title’s fate

Timotheé Chalamet and his films are everywhere. Recently, he’s been causing such a scene with his girlfriend, Kylie Jenner, that you would be forgiven for forgetting that he is famous for being an actor. However, your mind should be fully refreshed after seeing him standing next to Zendaya wearing that silver robotic catsuit at the Dune: Part 2 world premiere.

However, as we wait until the follow-up to the first instalment of the epic sci-fi movie, let’s look back at the shallow end of his rather impressive career. Much has already been said about Timotheé’s talent in films like Lady Bird, Little Women and Call By Your Name but what about his critical flops? That’s what you really want to know, isn’t it? Here are 11 of his worst films ranked, according to Rotten Tomatoes.

11. The French Dispatch – 75 per cent

The films of Wes Anderson are quite divisive. You either love them or you don’t get them. Timotheé is a favourite of the oddball director and appeared in this 2022 film, which got a rather respectable score.

10. Interstellar – 73 per cent

Timotheé played the younger version of Matthew McConaughey’s son in this 2014 Christopher Nolan space travel epic. His older counterpart was brought to life by Casey Affleck.

9. The King – 71 per cent

Timotheé brought to life King Henry V in this David Michôd film from 2019. A vaguely reasonable score for a film about a monarch trying to wrestle his brother’s death in the 15th century.

8. Hostiles – 70 per cent

He had a small part as Private Phillippe DeJardine in this 2017 western war epic starring Scott Shepherd and Rosamund Pike directed by Scott Cooper.

7. Beautiful Boy – 68 per cent

Timotheé broke everyone’s heart by playing a teenage boy battling an addiction to various drugs. It follows his parents, played by Steve Carrell and Amy Ryan (yes, Michael Scott and Holly Flax from the US Office), trying to support his journey to become clean and sober.

6. Don’t Look Up – 55 per cent

This end-of-the-world film was one of the most discoursed movies of Christmas 2021, and Timotheé’s character, Yull, was probably one of the actual funniest parts of this Adam McKay movie. He played

5. A Rainy Day in New York – 47 per cent

A fun fact about this 2019 movie is that it led to the drama at the Golden Globes between him, Selena Gomez and Kylie Jenner (it’s how Selena and Timotheé became friends).  It also almost never saw the light of the day thanks to the Me Too movement, which put a new spotlight on the allegations against its director, Woody Allen.

4. One & Two – 47 per cent

This 2015 fantasy-drama sees Timotheé play Kiernan Shipka’s big brother, and the general consensus was that it felt rather pointless.

3. Hot Summer Nights – 44 per cent

This 2017 coming-of-age drama got mixed reviews when it rolled out into the world. Some called it gritty, and others felt it took a long time to say, well, nothing.

2. The Adderall Diaries – 25 per cent

The consensus on this 2015 film by Pamela Romanowsky was that it was bit overblown and all style over substance. Timotheé did get to play a young James Franco pre-cancellation, which must have been nice.

1. Love the Coopers – 18 per cent

2015 was not really Timotheé’s year, as this Christmas flick got a dreadful reaction and officially, according to Rotten Tomatoes, his worst movie. However, on the bright side, he got to add working with stars like Diane Keaton, John Goodman and Alan Arkin to his resume.