From rumours to award show PDA: Kylie Jenner and Timothée Chalamet’s love story

You all saw them at the Golden Globes, right?

It would seem that the world cannot get enough of Kylie Jenner and Timothée Chalamet’s love story. It might seem a little left-field. She is the Thee Instagram Baddie, and he is the actor known for taking parts in tender coming-of-age movies like Lady Bird and Call Me By Your Name. However, whatever you might think of them on paper, they have been getting everyone talking in person. Recently, you couldn’t have missed them at the Golden Globes, using the commercial breaks like their own personal fan cam. This comes after months of slowly dipping their toes in the public arena. This cautious debut into the world of red-carpet events came after rumours of sneaky rendezvous and being caught canoodling at a concert.

However, where and where did it all start? Here’s a complete timeline of Kylie Jenner and Timothée Chalamet’s love story.

Kylie and Timothée were spotted chatting at a Paris Fashion Week party in January 2023

Their first recorded exchange between the pair was as part of a group conversation at an event celebrating Jean Paul Gaultier’s latest collection on 25th January. This was weeks after the news had broken she had split from Travis Scott. 

@kardashvideoo

kylie jenner and timothee chalamet together yesterday at the jean paul gautier fashion show#timotheechalamet #kyliejenner #kyliejenneredit #fashionweekparis #fup #fyp #paparazzi #fypシ #foryou #jeanpaulgaultier

♬ Flowers – Miley Cyrus

The first inklings of rumours that there was something more between Kylie Jenner and Timothée Chalamet

Spring 2023 marked the whisperings of something romantic brewing between them. On April 6th last year, DeuxMoi posted that Timothée “has a new girl” without any follow-up information. Later, on 13th April,  TMZ shared photos of one of Kylie’s many Range Rovers parked in Timothée’s driveway. A source clarified to PEOPLE  magazine on 14th April that they were “hanging out and getting to know each other”.

An update followed a few days later on 19th April, someone close to Kylie told PEOPLE magazine that they would “hang out every week” or so while emphasising it was “not serious”. She was taking it slow after her recent split from Travis Scott, the father of her two kids, Stormi and Aire. The source added that her famous family were “happy and supportive” of her decision to find someone new.

The next news about them came a few weeks later, on May 29th, with the same info that it was still causal and her focus was still her kids.

Jennifer Lawrence gives her approval to Kylie Jenner and Timothée Chalamet’s blossoming love

The next snippet of goss came on the 27th June episode of Andy Cohen’s talk show Watch What Happens Live, a place where many scandalous quips are made. Interestingly enough, it didn’t come from either Kylie or Timothée. It came from Oscar winner Jennifer Lawrence, who has endeared millions to for her unscripted but charming remarks made during promo for movies. When asked by a viewer what she thought of their rumoured relationship, Jennifer said: “I don’t like that he didn’t get my permission, but I support it.”

Travis Scott seems to make his feelings known about his ex and her new relationship via his rhymes

Kylie’s ex, Travis Scott, appeared to make a dig at Timothée on his new album Utopia, which was released on 28th July.

On the track entitled Meltdown, he made reference to a “Willy Wonka factory”, which was roundly assumed to be about Timothée’s starring titular role in the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory prequel, Wonka. In the same song, Travis seemed to dare Kylie to find another man who was as “hot” as himself.

“Chocolate AP and chocolate the Vs got the Willy Wonka factory (Vs)/ Burn a athlete like it’s calories, find another flame hot as me, bitch,” Travis rapped.

Kylie Jenner and Timothée Chalamet’s first ever sighting at Beyonce’s star-studded show

Kylie and Timothée’s loved-up display at the September 5th Los Angeles’ stops of Beyonce’s record-breaking Renaissance World Tour marked their first official outing as a couple. You could still argue it was PR, but you couldn’t deny their relationship wasn’t at least based on mutual attraction. Footage of them kissing after TMZ first captured it at the concert was shared on social media.

A source explained to PEOPLE that their romance was “fun and uncomplicated” for Kylie and that Timothée made her “happy”, but still, her priority was her two little ones.

“He’s loving and protective of Kylie. She likes that he is a private guy,” the source added.

Kylie Jenner and Timothée Chalamet’s love makes waves at New York Fashion Week

Three days later, Kylie and Timothée went as a couple to a dinner to honour designer Haider Ackermann teaming up with Augustinus Bader on a collection. Vogue magazine that the room was “abuzz” when they walked in together.

Tennis anyone?

People were sent mad when pictures emerged of Kylie and Timothée sitting together at Arthur Ashe Stadium during the US Open’s men singles final. The match saw Novak Djokovic defeat Daniil Medvedev for the title and lots of shots of Timothée and Kylie with their arms around each other.

Timothée supports his WSJ Magazine Innovator

Kylie had Timothée by her side when the highly respected financial newspaper gave her the title of the brand innovator of the year on November 1st. Their time together at the event was relatively low-key as they didn’t walk the red carpet and made a quick exit after Timothée gave Martin Scorsese his film Innovator of the Year gong.

Kylie heads to 30 Rock for Timothée

Kylie headed to the SNL afterparty following Timothée’s go at presenting the iconic NBC comedy sketch show on November 11th. His stint on the show was lauded for his sketches with Phoebe Bridgers, Lucy Dacus and Julien Baker of Boygenius, that week’s musical guest.

She hits the Wonka red carpet for him

On November 28, Kylie walked the red carpet for the world premiere of Wonka. She appeared without Timothée by her side, but it was confirmed that she was there for both the premiere and the afterparty, according to various reports.

Kylie and Timothée become the talk of The Golden Globes

One could reasonably argue that they were the only thing anyone was talking about after the first event in the crowded Hollywood awards season on January 7. They were the topic of the evening for their loved-up exchanges at their table during the adverts. Lip readers were very busy trying to piece together what they whispered to each other in the clips they caught and shared on social media. There was also the secondary drama of whether Kylie banned Selena Gomez from taking a snap with Timothée but that’s a whole other affair.

A source told US Weekly that they were clearly in love and had “amazing chemistry”.

The Chalamet clan apparently express doubts about their love

Claims from Heat World emerged on 24 January that Timothée’s family were less than impressed with his choice of girlfriend and were planning an intervention. The alleged reasons for the disapproval included concerns about his career and how materialistic he became thanks to his love of the Kardashian-Jenner glamour.

That same day the allegations appeared, Florence Pugh was photographed having a laugh with Kylie at the Valentino Haute Couture show at Paris Fashion Week. Florence is believed to be a dear friend of Timothée’s after they worked together on the Greta Gerwig remake of Little Women. It could be really serious when Kylie is seen palling around with Saoirse Ronan.

What’s next for them?

Just after the story broke about the Chalamet family disapproval, Kylie posted about being off on her “next adventure” when she shared a selfie to her Instagram Story. The caption included the plane emoji, which was reportedly annoying for Timothée’s actress sister Pauline.