Here’s a rundown of the best Halloween events happening in Exeter

hopefully this Halloween won’t haunt you the morning after x

It’s officially spooky season. The days are getting shorter, Halloween is getting closer, and the pressure to plan the perfect Halloween is building. If you’re struggling to decide where to spend your Halloween this year, this one’s for you. Whether you want to show off your Halloween costume at the club or if the club is the scariest thing you can think of this Halloween, I have an event for you. Here’s your ultimate guide for the best Halloween events happening in Exeter.

Fever Halloween

Saturday 26th October, Fever & Boutique Exeter, 21:00-04:30

Whether you’re a silly fresh or just fancy a classic messy night out, Fever is the place to be. Promising “thrills and chills”, what better event to show off your costume than Fever’s Zombie Apocalypse night? They’ll be blasting everything from Halloween classics to Charli XCX. With a close time of 4:30am, watch out for that horrifying hangover.

Timepiece Halloween 

Of course, a true Exeter Halloween is not complete without a classic TP trip. Expect Halloween anthems, Venomsand the scary sighting of seeing your old situationship on the dance floor. You can’t go wrong with TP.

Cavern

Wednesday 30th October, Exeter Cavern 

For those looking for something a little more underground (pun intended), Cavern promises a Halloween night unlike any other in Exeter. Watch five original bands play a mix of original songs and Halloween mashups, followed by a DJ set of spooky songs to see you into Halloween. Don’t ghost this one.

Bomba

Saturday 26th October – Haunted House 

Looking for somewhere a little more techno than Fever? Bomba is hosting a Haunted House night with a great lineup covering house to tech music (if you’re prepared to walk to the Quay that is).

29th October – Fright Fest

For something closer to Halloween, Bomba is also hosting Fright Fest. Go and see the best of Exeter’s up-and-coming talent with five incredible bands from the south performing across one night of rock, punk, indie and grunge.

Halloween Karaoke Night

Thursday 31st October, The Monkey Suit Bar, 21:00-01:00

While it might not be the scariest thing Sidwell Street has to offer; if you’re looking to frighten people with your singing, The Monkey Suit is holding a karaoke night for you. Karaoke is a great way to sing your favourite spooky tunes and do something a little different this Halloween. With prizes for fancy dress and the best singers, what have you got to lose (apart from your dignity)?

Watch a scary film

Halloween simply isn’t complete without going to see a scary film. With plenty of new horror films released just in time for Halloween, there are almost too many to choose from, with Smile 2, Terrifier 3 and Beetlejuice Beetlejuice all newly released in cinemas. Take a trip down to Vue or Odeon to watch these thrillers to really get you in the Halloween spirit.

Escape Rooms

Prodigy Escapes & Experiences

If you would prefer to be closer to the action, try an escape room. Become paranormal investigators this Halloween as Prodigy Escapes & Experiences offers a unique haunted-themed escape room. Enter if you dare…

Pumpkin Picking

Every weekend from the 5th October, Jolly Pumpkin, Silverton

Looking for something a bit more wholesome? Get your cameras ready, take your friends, and head to Jolly Pumpkin this Halloween to pick yourself out some pumpkins. With amazing photo ops, how else will you let Instagram know you’re celebrating your Halloween right? They don’t just offer pumpkins, they also serve stone-baked pizza and other snacks. Make sure to book so you don’t miss out.

Related articles recommended by this writer: