outer banks four plot hole

People have already found a huge Outer Banks season four plot hole and I can’t unsee it

I have some serious beef with JJ

Outer Banks returned last week with season four, but people were already annoyed just one episode in after spotting a huge plot hole. The Pogues finally got that huge chunk of gold they’ve been wanting and made it rich, and everything seemed amazing for a very tiny period of time. However, it was short-lived when JJ spent almost all of their new money buying back his dad’s house. I was literally screaming at my TV when it happened, and since then, people have realised that it was all unnecessary anyway. They didn’t have to go to the auction at all.

On a first watch, you might think it’s fair enough that JJ spent $775,000 of the money to buy back his dad’s property, because if they didn’t buy the land, how would the Pogues be able to build their surf and tackle shop? Well, if you think about it, you’ll realise that they could have done it already by using the land THEY ALREADY OWN.

outer banks four plot hole jj

via Netflix

In case you forgot, John B should still own the land that The Chateau, his old home, was built on, even if the house is no longer there. There’s no denying it would have cost a lot to but a new building up there, but it wouldn’t have been anywhere near as much as JJ spent buying his dad’s property back. And, there would already be a dock and they wouldn’t have to waste money and resources on a new one.

The Chateau isn’t even brought up, making it a glaring plot hole in season four, and Outer Banks viewers are not happy. Really Netflix?!

Outer Banks season four is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.