Lana Del Rey husband costume

Lana Del Rey responds to a couple dressing up as her and her husband for Halloween

The alligator around the shoulders is iconic

There has been very little pop culture news story that has had me so in its clenched grip like the fact Lana Del Rey pretty much spontaneously decided to marry alligator tour guide Jeremy Dufrene. Who she, of course, previously denied she was even dating. The entire saga was just the most Lana Del Rey thing to ever happen, and the icing on the cake this Halloween is that of COURSE a couple decided to dress up as Lana Del Rey and her husband Jeremy for a Halloween costume, and they nailed it. Even better is the fact Lana Del Rey actually has responded to it and it’s all just absolutely iconic.

Lana Del Rey married Jeremy Dufrene last month in a pretty impromptu ceremony on the Louisiana bayou where he runs his trade from – the trade being alligator tour guide boat tours. This is the location when they first met, when Lana Del Rey went on one of the tours and the two stayed in touch since. She claimed they were initially just pals and she had visited him again. The vibe clash is obviously iconic, and was begging to be a couples costume. If I’m honest, I’m fuming at myself for not doing it. Perhaps I should focus on getting a boyfriend before I do that, but still.

The costume shows two fans dressed up as Lana Del Rey and her new husband Jeremy, with the guy in full gator gear and camos and greens with an inflatable alligator around his neck and Lana giving her Ultraviolence music video dress vibes. Meets a bit of Lust For Life. It slays.

Lana Del Rey even gave her own seal of approval, commenting “I cannot with you guys” and an alligator emoji, whilst also saying “You look cute.” I am honestly obsessed.

For more like this plus all the latest news, drops, quizzes and memes, like The Tab on Facebook.