The Substance Halloween costumes

Pump it up! A rundown of all the best The Substance inspired Halloween costumes

The Hollywood star is perfection

The Substance has never been far from anyone’s brain since it released a couple of months back. It has brought so much joy to my heart to see an indie, weird body horror film from Coralie Fargeat not only become Mubi’s biggest box office hit yet, become a star making film for Margaret Qualley and give huge career resurgence to Demi Moore – but get people talking about it so much it has pretty much stayed viral since its release. In another perfect twist of timing, the film came out with enough time for everyone to get together some iconic The Substance inspired Halloween costumes. Everyone slayed over the weekend in their The Substance Halloween costumes, whether they went as Elisabeth Sparkles, Sue or Monstro Elisasue – so here are some of the best.

1. You have to respect the slay

2. Cheap and cheerful you have to respect it

3. Not the entire film omg

4. Have to respect the specificity 

5. Need to be at this party immediately

6. Every Sue leotard costume is a proper slay

7. I am shaking looking at this… these divas

8. My absolute favourite without a shadow of a doubt

9. And in the meantime… take care of yourself

@lucianaguschmer

#thesubstance Halloween llegooooo. Me hice mi dizgraz en la aguja mágica @Alejandra Duran y me maquillo @Arianna Guillén

♬ sonido original – PacoReckless

10. Potentially the best one actually I am gagging and the Lana usage is iconic 

11. Blu is such an underrated Drag Race winner like come on

12. There’s a crafty charm to this I’m obsessed

@baapz

tava sem tempo, comprei uma meia calça e uns enchimentos de estofado #thesubstance #demimoore

♬ Girls – The Dare

13. LOVE

Catch The Substance starring Demi Moore and Margaret Qualley is in cinemas now. For more like this on The Substance plus all the latest news, drops, quizzes and memes, like The Tab on Facebook