Richelle MAFS UK

Richelle breaks her silence and releases a damning statement about her time on MAFS UK

‘Once it became glaringly obvious the process was dubious, self preservation kicked in’

Richelle and Orson were doomed from the start, and by the time their left MAFS UK their relationship had turned very toxic. Richelle has now broken her silence in her first social media since quitting MAFS UK, and talked about her experiences on the show.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Richelle (@rich_elle_x)

Her statement reads: “As my participation on MAFS comes to its conclusion, I have taken some time to evaluate my experience on the show.

“Sadly, the process was not what I had expected or hoped for. Maybe I was naive thinking it would be an equal and fair playing field but in reality that was not the case.

“Fortunately, I have met some genuine people that I have connected with, we understood each other and they took the time to get to know me properly as I did them. I will always be grateful to Lacey and Sacha for speaking out during my last commitment ceremony. Every woman needs a Lacey and Sacha in their life because we should all, as women, have each other’s backs.

“Enjoying the process with someone honest and genuine, regardless of the outcome, was what I hoped for. I didn’t mentally prepare for a situation where every time the cameras came on I’m caught off guard not knowing what tf is going on. Even supporting actresses are given a script right!”

Via Channel 4

She continued: “Once it became glaringly obvious the process was dubious and only I had my interests at heart, self preservation kicked in. I know some of you aren’t going to want this but kindness is a choice and I was under no obligation, given the situation I was in, to be kind!

“Anyone who has had to live through the consequences of deceit, whether in a relationship and/ or professional life will tell you they never once looked back and thought, ‘well at least I was kind.’

“Personally, at my age now, I know I’d rather be thought of as ‘vile and mean’ than be a MUG.

“Discerning viewers have seen past the edit and I’m grateful for all the supportive messages I’ve received.

“I wish, everyone in the process, (for the most part) the very best in love and life moving forward.”

Via Channel 4

Richelle added: “I want women to know that having the wrong partner who shows little respect within the relationship or who withholds the truth in any situation, making you feel uncomfortable or vulnerable in any way is not something you need to tolerate.

“We are doing ourselves a disservice as women putting up with behaviours that will ultimately affect our own emotional or physical health or worse. If we have children, our choices set the tone for their adult lives and that’s a parental responsibility I take seriously.

“For what it’s worth, I lurvvvve men BUT I love me more.”

For all the latest MAFS UK 2024 cast member news, scandals, gossip and updates – like The Holy Church of MAFS on Facebook