Liv Bentley reveals the real reason she quit Made in Chelsea and it’s heartbreaking

‘I was really unhappy’

Liv Bentley has always been a fan favourite on Made in Chelsea, so everyone was disappointed when she announced last year that she had quit the show after eight years.

Olivia ‘Liv’ Bentley had been a series regular on MIC since 2016, but said she wanted to take a break and wasn’t sure if she would be coming back. At the time, during an interview with OK! Magazine, after the Made in Chelsea: Sydney spin off series had wrapped, she said: “I’m retiring – I don’t know when. It’s amazing but maybe it’s time for something else.”

At the time she spoke of wanting to focus on her CBD wellness brand JOMO, but she later spoke out about the real reason she left the show, following her split with Tristan Phipps. She said she was “drinking a lot more” and using alcohol to “mask sadness”.

Speaking with Pop Sugar, Liv said: “I was struggling with deciding whether to stay on the show or not. The last series was really hard and speaking honestly, I was drinking a lot more than I normally do. I was drinking unnecessarily and to mask sadness.

“I was relying on booze to give me energy, make me feel happier, give me confidence — all the wrong reasons. I was trying to bring the energy to be the Liv that everyone thought I was but inside, I was really unhappy, and that’s why I stopped drinking. But I’m still close with my friends who are on the show and our friendships have stayed the same.”

Liv Bentley on Made in Chelsea

via E4

A source added to the The Sun that Liv had grown tired of all the drama on the show. “Liv has been at the forefront of all the drama for years – she’s been there the longest out of everyone,” they said.

“It’s been hard-going in recent series with her relationship with Tristan breaking down and she realised she needs to take a step back for her own good. She’s in a really great place and still loves the show so is taking a step back for now. There’s some new stars joining the cast who are ready and raring to shake things up a bit.”

Speaking of her departure, a Channel 4 spokesperson said: “Liv Bentley has been sharing her life with Made in Chelsea audiences for the past eight years and is now taking a short but well-earned break from the series to focus on her business – JOMO. We look forward to welcoming her back to the show later this year.”

There has since been no news of Liv making a return.