Edinburgh drops again in the rankings – we’re now below HERIOT-WATT

Ffs

Funding falls, performance falls. Who’d have thought?

Edinburgh has continued its depressing fall down the uni league tables to 20th place, from 18th last year, in the Guardian’s miserable new rankings.

We now languish behind Heriot-Watt, 18th place, and the learned ex-poly of Southampton at 14th place.

Cambridge and Oxford occupied the top spots, while those smug bastards in the north at St Andrews claimed 3rd place.

It comes as Edinburgh is set to lose £8 million in funding a year, and £14 million a year there after.

The results are in stark contrast to The Times Higher Education Table where Edinburgh was the top Scottish uni.

Student satisfaction was still paltry at 55.4, the lowest by a long margin, and the only one below 60 in the top 100.

The one saving grace was knowing we still beat Edinburgh Napier, who fell 14 places to 78th in the UK.

We’ve recently tumbled down the league tables on a sorry losing streak — this month we were named the unhappiest uni in Scotland, with the lowest student satisfaction in the country.

After, we were named uglier than Glasgow, Napier and even the Uni of the Highlands and the Islands, only the 38th fittest uni in the UK, according to a Student Money Saver poll.