New Durham guidance confirms LFTs and face masks no longer required for university events

There is now no need to book an LFT slot before a trip to your college bar

An email circulated earlier to all Durham University students outlines the updated coronavirus  procedures, in line with new government advice. The new guidance oversees a move from required preventative processes to suggested action that students may take.

As of today, Wednesday 23rd of February, proof of a negative LFT is no longer required to participate in any university activity. This includes all indoor wider student experience events and activities from sports games to events at college bars. However, the university is still encouraging regular voluntary testing to help protect others.

In addition to this, the university testing sites will cease operations at the end of Epiphany Term.

The guidance continues to “strongly recommend” the use of face coverings where students and staff come into contact with those ‘they do not usually meet’. In addition to which, in the event of testing positive for Covid-19 students and staff are “strongly recommended” to self-isolate.

The correspondence further outlines the available university provisions for staff and student vaccinations against coronavirus. With two on-site vaccination clinics this week and a further three dates in March to attend a walk-in vaccination and booster bus.