The Tab Durham is recruiting – Come write for us!

The Tab Durham has a you shaped hole in its life and we’re looking to fill it

The Tab is the nations favourite student news outlet and the only place to go for up-to-speed campus news. The Tab Durham is written by students and overseen by professional journalists working for the national site. Our writers receive the best industry advice and tips as well as full training, so fear not if your experience is lacklustre.

Whether you want to break hard-hitting news stories on the culture at Durham, decide which character from your favourite TV show would suit each college or keep us from making fashion faux pas with your articles – there is a place for you at The Tab Durham. Keep reading to find out how you can join.

The Tab is a student news site with over six million monthly readers and a Tab in every student city. The stories that you write with us will be shared on The Tab Durham Facebook page, which hosts a readership of over 21,000. Our best articles are often shared across the leading Tab site, reaching readers in every corner of the country.

Writing for The Tab Durham, your stories will reach thousands of student and alumni readers. While your articles won’t be in print, you’ll get an understanding of how current news and media function by working with Editors in Tab HQ.

Our local Durham team works alongside an Assistant Editor in London; they provide training and constant professional writing advice that you won’t get from any other student media outlet. Previous Tab writers have gone on to work for major news outlets, including VICE, The Times, Vogue, Cosmopolitan and The Evening Standard – to name a few.

The Tab HQ also run internships over the summer for Tab writers who show a keen interest in pursuing a career in media. The opportunities at The Tab are endless, and what better way to gain experience for your future than while joining The Tab family?

We’re holding our first open meeting of term at The Library Bar on Wednesday the 13th of October at 7 pm, so if you’re keen to find out more, head on down.

Any additional questions? Drop us a message on Facebook or Instagram, and we will be happy to answer them.