What’s Hot: Week 8

We’ve got all the places to be – so be in them.

New Inn Cask Ales Festival

Drinking. Lots of drinking. Enough said.

Fever

On Friday Fever present ‘No Artificial Colours’ at Loft – Fever describe them as two guys who have ‘cemented themselves as electronic heavyweights’ in the last few months. If that’s your jam then it’s £4 for early tickets and queue jump, £5 on the door.

DULOG Spelling Bee

Like musicals? Yes? Like spelling? No? You’ll probably like this anyway. Complete with audience participation, DULOG perform the Tony Award winning ‘25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee’ in the Assembly Rooms from Wednesday through Saturday. Tickets are £5.50 for students and £5 for DST members. Well worth checking out for an evening of music, humour and spelling. Not one to miss.

DUACS AfroGala

AfroGala returns to Durham on Friday with its cultural showcase of African and Caribbean music, dance and fashion – it’s billed as ‘the biggest even in the DUACS calendar’ so head along and see what all the buzz last year was about.

Drums and Music

Durham University Concert Band, conducted by Mary Petty and Eliot McGuire, and Durham University African Singing and Drumming Society, will be performing their Epiphany Concert in Elvet Methodist Church on Friday 14th March at 7.30pm. There’ll something for everyone, from more traditional pieces to well-known classics – even apparently some songs from West Side Story. That’s variety.