Image may contain: Field, Parade, Pants, Building, Clothing, Apparel, Grass, Plant, Crowd, Team, Ball, Soccer, Team Sport, Soccer Ball, Sports, Football, Sport, People, Human, Person

The CU Jets won the American Football National Championship yesterday

Our boys in blue dominated East Anglia 26-0

Coventry University's very own CU Jets soared after taking home the gold, obliterating the East Anglia Pirates at the Unibowl winning the Division One National Trophy, making them the top team nationally.

The MVP of the game was star player Andy Owusu after a stunning performance. When asked what this win means to him he said: "It’s been a pleasure to work with this team over the three years, we have achieved a lot and created a culture that will keep it running through the seasons.

"The brotherhood we’ve created is what has made us this successful thus far, the coaches work relentlessly to guide us nurture our talents and it's thanks to them we have three back to back Championships!"

Image may contain: American Football, Sport, Football, Sports, Football Helmet, Team, Team Sport, People, Person, Human, Helmet, Apparel, Clothing

Star player Andy Owusu

He went on to say: "I’m still in shock that I’ve this has even happened, honestly. When I started my goal was to help move this team at least one step further, and three years later we’ve jumped two divisions, I have three championship rings and national recognition.

"Words can’t describe how I’m feeling right now but I know the team helped me reach where I am today and I thank everyone I’ve been able to work with. Time to take things to the next level by God's grace."

This one of many accolades the CU Jets have won over the past few years – just last year the team became Mixed Midlands Champions.

Image may contain: Football Field, Football, Team, Team Sport, Sport, Sports, People, Arena, Stadium, Human, Person, Building, Field

A team spokesman told The Coventry Tab: "We have exceeded everyone’s expectations, even our own. We have been blessed with some amazing athletes over the past few years that, mixed with a proactive committee, have allowed us to form an incredible backbone for a very successful football program in Coventry.

"A mindset that has emphasised personal accountability and an effort for continual improvement over the past 4-5 years, started by former Head Coach Adam Biggs, and continued after his departure by new Head Coach Tom Townsend and defensive coordinator Adam Gibson, has led us to this point."

"We have now won back to back to back division titles, and 2 promotions in two years. We are constantly trying to find ways of improving so we are ready to take the next step into the Premiership."

Everyone is excited to see what's next for one of Cov Uni's finest sports teams.