Lecturer accused of sleeping with students in 2021 now no longer employed by Cardiff Uni

He allegedly boasted on social media about having sex with multiple students

Cardiff University has confirmed that the lecturer accused of sleeping with multiple students in 2021 is no longer an employee of the university.

The unnamed lecturer was suspended after it was alleged he had sex with a “few students” and then boasted about it on social media.

Screenshots of a Kik conversation between the lecturer and another user were shared to Twitter in which he claimed he had slept with students. An account linked to him was also seen posting on Reddit about meeting “young women” and about his years of sexual encounters with students at Cardiff University,

In April 2021, the university opened an investigation regarding these claims and the lecturer was suspended from teaching duties.

It was at this time that he claimed he was a victim of a hoax but it was reported that the Kik account he had used to boast about sleeping with students had been active for more than 2000 days and that he shared photographs of himself to the other user which confirmed his identity.

However, only recently has it been confirmed that the lecturer is no longer employed by the university but it is currently unclear whether he was sacked or left voluntarily, reports Wales Online.

He was arrested for grooming on 17th April 2021 but was later released on conditional bail. The investigation regarding this case is still ongoing, according to South Wales Police.

In 2o21, Cardiff University released a statement saying: “Following a meeting with the member of staff this afternoon, a formal investigation into these allegations has been launched. As a consequence, the individual member of staff will not be undertaking any teaching activities, until further notice. It would be inappropriate to offer any further comment until the outcome of the investigation is known.”

A statement made in 2023 regarding the lecturer’s employment status is as follows: “The process referred to is now complete. The individual is no longer an employee of Cardiff University.”