Here’s everything you need to know about the NHS Covid Pass required to get into venues in Wales

You will receive a £60 fine if you falsify your Covid test result

From 7am on October 11, all persons will be required to provide proof that they have either been fully vaccinated or have had a negative Covid test in the last 48 hours.

This pass will be used to gain entry to nightclubs, indoor non-seated events (500+ people), outdoor non-seated events (4000+ people), and any event that has 10,000 or more people involved.

The NHS Covid Pass can be obtained via the NHS App, but since the app isn’t available in Wales you can get a pass by following the instructions here.

The pass can be accessed on your smartphone, tablet or computer where a 2D barcode will be produced and you will be able to show it on your phone, download it into an Apple or Google wallet, or use as a downloaded PDF.

The barcode does have an expiry date on it (but the pass itself does not, so the barcode will regenerate after it has expired) which the venue will use to scan with an NHS Covid Pass Verifier App. It does not store or transmit any personal data however.

If you cannot get a digital pass, you can also show your proof of vaccination letter; this has the stamps of the health authorities of all four nations and so will also be accepted.

Eluned Morgan, the Health Minister for Wales, said: “We haven’t taken the decision to introduce such measures lightly. Where we know that the rates amongst those under 25 are around 1,000 per 100,000 people, and that this age group is the most likely to attend some of these venues, in particular nightclubs, we are taking these measures to support venues to stay open and enable events to continue taking place through a potentially very difficult and challenging autumn and winter.

“Keeping these venues open is not an easy decision in the light of such high Covid rates. As we head into winter, it’s vital that we all work together to keep Wales safe.”

If you want to show a negative lateral flow test instead of the pass, you need to show either the official Government email or text message with your negative result.

If you are not a UK national, you will have to provide an EU covid certificate or a negative lateral flow test.

US citizens will have to provide a Center for Disease Control and Prevention vaccination card plus confirmation of identification, or a negative lateral flow test to enter.