18-year-old Cardiff student who collapsed at Talybont halls named as Megan Politt

Her family described her as having a ‘beautiful bright smile’ and ‘positive energy’

The 18-year-old Cardiff University fresher who died after collapsing in Talybont halls on Saturday night has been named as Law student Megan Politt.

Megan, who was from Rugby in Warwickshire, died in University Hospital of Wales on Monday night.

Two men have been charged in connection with the two suspected drug related deaths that happened last weekend, including the earlier death of a 25-year-old man who collapsed on Taff Street, Tongwynlais on Sunday. The two deaths are not thought to be related.

Her family have issued a tribute, saying they will miss her “bright beautiful smile” and “positive energy”.

They said: “Meg dedicated her time to everyone around her and was always there for others. She had recently started studying law in Cardiff and was full of dreams and aspirations.

“Having moved away Meg still enjoyed close contact with family and friends, sharing stories and laughter through visits and calls.

“We will miss her beautiful bright smile and positive energy that would lift the spirits of anyone.

“Meg loved the outdoor space, particularly hiking with her Dad and her dog. She had recently climbed Snowdon and reached the summit.

“Meg also loved reading the classics, watching Anime, and listening to music as well as supporting the Wasps rugby team.

“Meg will be missed and forever loved by her Mum and Dad, sister, grandparents and friends.”

Witnesses or anyone with information in relation to either incident is asked to please contact South Wales Police quoting occurrence *414468.

Know something? Send information to [email protected]