THEATRE: Week 5

Thespian joy for Week 5 gloom

ADC Cambridge Cambridge University Comedy Corpus Playroom Footlights Pembroke New Cellars Robinson College Auditorium Tab the tab Theatre

At the ADC

The Duchess of Malfi Tue 8th Nov – Sat 12th Nov at 7:45pm

The Marlowe Society’s production of John Webster’s play is brought to the ADC stage. Expect love, violence, revenge, and Jacobean drama. All set to original music. ‘There will be sheets, soot, shadows, blinking red lights, and those shoes.’

Comedy Weakly Wed 9th Nov – Sat 12th Nov at 11:pm

A new comedy by Colin Rothwell. Comedy Weakly is Britain’s best loved televised topical panel show coming to an end. It’s one hour before the final live performance, and all that needs to happen is for the panellists to arrive. Panel show hilarity likely here.

Footlights’ Smoker Tues 8th Nov at 11:pm

Funny people and wannabe funny people take to the ADC stage. You know the drill.

At Corpus Playroom 

Are You Sitting Comfortably? Tue 8th Nov – Sat 12th Nov at 7:00pm

‘I want to tell you a story. It will be creepy, it will be unexpected, and it may just drive you crazy.’ Like Roald Dahl? See his stories explode before your eyes with film, music and physical theatre.

I have lost myself Mon 7th Nov – Wed 9th Nov at 9:30pm

Focusing on the early stages of Alzheimer’s disease, follow Augustus as he pieces together fragments of a life he has forgotten, a life full of love, loss and heartbreak. 

Scenes from a Void Thu 10th Nov – Sat 12th Nov at 9:00pm

A modern opera, musical theatre piece. Scenes from A Void is a work for incurable insomniacs, people who are completely unsure, people who wake up with their brain in a whirl. Sounds dizzying.

At Pembroke New Cellars 

A View from the Bridge Tue 8th Nov – Sat 12 Nov at 7:00pm

Arthur Miller’s intense classic. Set in 1950s New York, this play follows Eddie Carbone, his wife Beatrice and their orphaned niece, Catherine. Then, two Cousins arrive. Jealously enters the ring.

88mph: A Time Travel Sketch Show Tue 8th Nov – Wed 9th Nov at 9:30pm

Dr Who meets Cantab comedy. Comedy for all ages. Literally.

Banged Up! Thu 10th Nov – Sat 12th Nov at 9:30pm

Three people are being held in custody for crimes they allege they did not commit. Telling each other their stories, they work back and try to find out how they all got banged up. I’m barred from saying more. 

Jailhouse rockin comedy

At Robinson College Auditorium 

The Connection Wed 9th Nov – Friday 11th Nov at 7:30pm

New student writing by Jonny Shamir. Social media has never been so invasive. This play shows how it can monopolise all aspects of life leading to a tragic consequences.

At Judith E Wilson Drama Studio 

Foxfinder Wed 9th Nov – Sat 12th Nov at 7:30pm

What does the Fox say? Not quite. Dawn King’s award winning play ‘Foxfinder’ is an unflinching exploration of obsessional faith, grief and desperation. ‘Where will the finger point to next in mankind’s never ending witch-hunt?’

Get Foxy

Too much to see. No excuse to stay College bound.