Queens’ JCR President announces Bops return with a YouTube Christmas poem

College authorities succumb to the people’s demand for glorified, semi-ironic organised fun

bops cambridge colleges Cambridge nightlife Erasmus fun King Henry VII stole all our money Mathematical Bridge Queen's College Queens'

Excra-pades, vomit and general debauchery just couldn’t keep bops out of Queens’ as the College JCR now announces their return with a festive film.

JCR President Jess Tray yesterday declared the re-instatement of the fortnightly homage to organised fun by emailing round a Youtube video of a porter reading a poem specially written for the occasion.

The email also warned “important information” was to follow, alluding to new safety and security measures the JCR have had to adopt to stop the long list of scandals bops have caused this past year.

College authorities banned the glorified school discos earlier this term after a particularly riotous night of pissing and vomiting on 15th Century masonry led to a student being rushed off to hospital. This proved to be the final straw in a series of misadventures, one of which saw a student smearing a toilet cubicle with their own poo.

The poopertrator is still as large

The bopless interregnum proved divisive for the college, with one student attacking the JCR for their weakness and demanding the establishment’s replacement with “Student Soviets”.

Talking about the negotiation process with College authorities, Queens’ JCR President Jess Tray told The Tab that “politics tends to have a lot of hot air in it – Cameron tried photoshop, but we thought we could go further with YouTube videos as the next natural step for democracy”.

The “Jingles” Bop will take place on the 4th of December, but will only be open to members of the college.