Lent Bumps: Day four

At the end of four days racing two teams stood clearly above the rest and won what was a great Lent bumps. On the final day of Lent Bumps we […]

Caius College Cambridge Churchill College Corpus Darwin downing girton Homerton Lucy Cavendish Pembroke Queens' Rowing Sport wolfson college

At the end of four days racing two teams stood clearly above the rest and won what was a great Lent bumps.

On the final day of Lent Bumps we finally had a day where there was no change at the top.

In the Men’s race there was no change in the top three places today which means that Caius rowed through to win Lent Bumps this year, beating Downing. This is a great result for the crew who has now avenged their defeat from last year, which was at the hands of the Downing crew.

Another great day on the river

Lower down the M1 race Queens managed to end a good week by bumping the Pembroke boat to finish in fourth place overall after starting the week in sixth. At the end of racing in M1 four crews gained blades for their efforts this week. They were Caius, Robinson, Fitzwilliam and Churchill.

In the Women’s race again there was no change at the top, which means that Christ’s won the women’s competition this year. The Christ’s W1 crew have probably had the most impressive week of any crew this week moving from fourth to first. This is an amazing achievement for both the team and the college. Christ’s were the only crew in W1 to earn their blades.

Elsewhere in W1 Downing finished of a disappointing week by bumping the First and Third boat to move into fourth. The First and Third crew have had a awful competition moving from first to fifth in the four days, to earn their spoons.

A really great end to bumps

Lower down the Women’s Divisions we got out fist over bump of the week in W3. We had to wait a long time to get one this year but on the final day the first and only over bump of the event happened when Sidney Sussex W2 bumped Wolfson W1 to move up from fifth to second in the W3 category.

In the overall competition it was Churchill that took home the Marconi cup this year. After their great performance on day three they managed to consolidate their lead and finish on 40 points. This was miles ahead of second place, which was 24 points and was held by both Lucy Cavendish and Darwin. Congratulations to the Churchill team, they were clearly the best team in the competition this year with their three boats moving up a total of ten places over the four days.