Fit Union President

It’s that time of year again at the Union, the elections are nigh and the knives are out. The real question is, who do you would think be the fittest president? Tab takes it to the polls.

Cambridge Union debate fit president poll Union vote voting

In less that 24 hours elections will open to decide who will be the next Union president, following in the footsteps of John Maynard Keynes, Vince Cable, and Joel Fenster. But you don’t have to wait that long to vote on who you think would be the fittest president:

Eylon Aslan-Levy

Most Important Policy? “Putting Debating Centre-Stage. I’ll make emergency debates about major current issues, put two student speakers in each main debate, and organise one-on-one debates with controversial figures.”

Fun Fact About Eylon: “I was interviewed on Sky News and wrote an op-ed for the Times after that debate against George Galloway in Oxford

You can read Eylon’s full manifesto on his Facebook page.

Sara Aslam

Most Important Policy? “I would make the Union your Union by collaborating with you to make the debates and events professional, diverse, inclusive, accessible and tailored to your needs.”

Fun Fact About Sara: “I’m a lethal gold medallist and black belt holder in Tae Kwon Do.”

You can read Sara’s full manifesto on her Facebook page.

Michael Dunn Goekjian

Most Important Policy? “I want to use all my experience of the Union – from planning events and running access workshops to securing sponsorship as Treasurer – to bring you the best possible line-up for Easter 2014.”

Fun Fact About Michael: “I threatened to sue my College when they confiscated my coffee machine.”

You can read Michael’s full manifesto on his Facebook page.

Will Thong

Most Important Policy? “Members have paid their membership, so they should choose what debates they want to see; I would make at least two of Easter’s Thursday night debate topics contingent on a binding vote of members.”

Fun Fact About Will: “I plan to name my first daughter ‘Lacey’.”

You can read Will’s full manifesto on his Facebook page.

Don’t forget to actually vote as well, either online (click here) or in person at the Union from tomorrow 9am-6pm.

Photography by Mariella Salazar